Friday, December 3, 2010

She's Alive!

I know, I know.  I feel like I am hearing Molly Weasley say, "Where have you been?!"  I am back among the living after weeks of struggling with a particularly nasty respiratory infection.  Not that it is totally gone, mind you.  But I can function once again without wondering "how I am going to do it?", whatever "it" is.

So for my first posting after forever, should I share what my house looked like for Halloween?

Or about the delightful young college women who graced our Thanksgiving table (let me clarify, they were not on the table)?  Young women who brought beautiful flowers, played games with the Offspring, and clearly did not want to leave after dinner?


I certainly do not have photos of our Christmas decorations since we haven't done any.  Yes, I refuse to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We simply have a moratorium on Christmas until December 1.  What can I say?!  Since so much time has past, I thought I would share that not only did we get some glorious sun, the first in weeks, I had something else to brighten my day.


I have never tried to force spring bulbs of any kind and certainly not paperwhites.  But between the autumn bouquet and the promise of spring, my outlook is brightening.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I like your hay bales best or your Witchy-Poo or the scarecrow--they are so cute together. Glad you're feeling better finally--looking forward to Christmas decor next. Not that I've taken any photos or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had quite a wonderful vignette on the game cabinet with Frankie and the Mummy but it seemed odd to post about Halloween in December! The dining room chandelier added a skull garland and spiders and the hutch had cobwebs of a wonderfully soft gray yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun was lovely! Great day to get a tree, a dry tree:) Alas, I am not ready either.

    Mmmm, I can smell the paperwhites from here. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete